Tales from the Tipo Monxter
I've been collecting amusing typoes for awhile, mostly whilst reading fanfics - here are some of the silliest. More to come, no doubt...
- Scene - Harry Potter has gone to have it out with Tom Riddle in the latter's usual dramatically gothy surroundings. These are duly described, ending with "Lighted scones gave a medieval atmosphere." source: Harry Potter fanfic
- Scene - someone has released the Basilisk into the Quidditch stadium during a big game, and everybody is taking a quick shot at it after it's been blinded. "Fliers, get out there now, everyone who can perform a basting curse, on the count of three.." source: Harry Potter fanfic (Will they be drowning it in broth or stitching it to death?)
- Scene – a couple of guards on sentry go and one is arguing about the necessity. "The other Death Eater snorted, 'Our Lord is asleep and within the bowls of the Manor.'" source: Harry Potter fanfic
- Scene – reading the paper. "Ron in his usual one-dimensional manor smirked." source: Harry Potter fanfic (I know he can be pointy headed, but...)
- "(Gavials) are not a treat to humans and are not capable of hunting larger animals due to the construction of their jaws." source: An internet article on Gavials. (OK, I daresay they do taste a tad fishy… )
- "He saw Hagrid come up behind the remaining Death Eaters with a Cerebus on his heels." source: Harry Potter fanfic (All right, Voldemort, time to face an Earthpig Born!)
- "requires one full lunar cycle just to prepare the wizard to rent his soul" source: Harry Potter fanfic (Is there an option to buy?)
- "Spherical shapes were pooping into existence all over the room." source: No idea - quoted in a ML by Sterling Summer; Thanks, Sterling!
- "there was something dangerous sulking around the castle." source: Harry Potter fanfic (Draco Malfoy with a hand grenade?)
- "Harry left his back on the floor and grabbed the shoulder flashlight before stepping to the cliff." source: Harry Potter fanfic (The Incredible Plastic Man strikes again!)
- "Voldemort raised his left hand, 'Avada Kadiva.'" source: Harry Potter fanfic (Then the fat lady sang?)
- "'How could I have been so selfish?', Harry silently castrated himself." source: Harry Potter fanfic (Ouch!)